Tuesday, April 4, 2023

IN THE GLOAMING



My friend John went to Belize and found seduction by the sea

And when he told me about his place I knew that it was not for me. 


Joan traveled to Corviglia mountain to ski and had a great week

But her lofty and majestic adventure I knew I would not seek.


Diane lay on the white sandy beach of Estoril and basked in the sun

Quite frankly and honestly her vacation was not my idea of fun.


For what do I yearn and what do I seek?

I will give you all a slight brief peek.


I would love to reside on a particular green street

So in the morning I can hear the hearts of the doves beat.


And in the orange fall when the sun goes down and all is dark,

I can maybe go for a quiet walk or bike ride in a park.


I do not need anything fancy or remarkable to be so nice

But a warm house on a corner with a streetlight seems like paradise.


© 2022 Marjorie J. Levine










 


 

No comments: