Friday, April 14, 2023

at the Rubin Museum of Art, DEATH IS NOT THE END


I live right across the street from the Rubin Museum of Art, which has exhibits displaying paintings, statues, textiles and more from Tibet, Bhutan and other Asian lands. This exhibit, Death Is Not the End, is a cross-cultural exhibition that explores notions of death and afterlife through the art of Tibetan Buddhism and Christianity and features prints, oil paintings, bone ornaments, thangka paintings, sculptures, illuminated manuscripts, and ritual items, and brings together 58 objects spanning 12 centuries from the Rubin Museum’s collection.


I was interested. I had studied Buddhism at Tibet House US with Robert Thurman. And I love the Rubin Museum of Art.

Tibet House US


And so tonight, I went. The exhibit is amazing and it is organized by themes. I will post at this blog some of the photos I took. Here they are:
































No comments: