Thursday, August 31, 2023

AND ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

I try not to throw anybody away unless there are a great series of bad interactions that seriously impact me and put me in a bad place. 

Yet, I have been thrown away over minor political disagreements, criticizing a comment on facebook, correcting a guy's spelling on facebook, mixed messages that resulted in deleted plans, and even my dopey YouTube page. I even had a seriously dear good friend years ago throw me away after she got married because she was a "wife" and in her mind that gave her elevated status and she no longer wanted "single" friends.

A lot of my friends are gone because they died: Joan, Jack, Rhoda, Phyllis, Susan, Betty, Lou, Jerry, Nick, Carrie, Linda, Rita, David, Annie, Roz, Nell, Gail, Maxine, Marilyn, my cousins Eileen and Ellen, and so many more. ETA: Frances 10/23

I sometimes feel like I am now the cheese that stands alone... waiting for Godot.  

And today, just like that another one took a hike... which just proves how fragile and weak some minds are. They are the "throw away demographic."




And just like that, he blocked me and another one bites the dust! LOL


My friend Nell once told me: you can do 1000 great things for a friend but do one thing he doesn't like and he will throw you away and nothing that went before will be important.

The truth of life is as you age you lose your looks, turn to old shit, and die. So I try to keep people in my life... because they are part of my memories that matter. 



No comments: