Wednesday, September 20, 2023

SUE

 



I received sad news. My old friend from my teaching days, Sue, has passed away. After one disagreement, over a very serious matter which I do not want to even get into, our friendship took a turn. We were never able to restore the closeness we had when we were colleagues and always seemed to be at cross purposes since the 1990s. She sent me a card, I sent her a gift, she reached out and we met for lunch, and then she let the relationship fall away. I thought we would create a more permanent fix. I tried every way to bring it back to where it was, to not let her go. I tried to make it right. I was trying until almost her death. We spoke last April on the phone and now it is all too late. 















I am heartbroken... a whole era of my life is gone. The people I spent every day with for almost 20 years: had lunch with every day at The Market Diner, spoke with every night on the phone and even traveled with. I miss Nell, Bernie, Jack, and now will miss Sue. 


This is Sue dancing during the school's dance festival (1976?).




And this is Sue with Jack (who passed away in 2020) in that playground. I visited Jack every summer when he lived on the beach in  Long Branch, NJ. Those days were part of the best years of my life. 
















No comments: