Monday, September 11, 2023

THE CAR RAT... AND ME




I park my car in the garage under my building. In 2017, my car, a Galant, had a really funky weird smell. 

Everybody told me it was because I had an oil change... which I knew was absurd. I drove around the city with the windows wide open to air out the car, put in scent spheres, sprayed the interior, and nothing helped. 

Actually, I had seen a few strange oily brown balls on the passenger seat but thought nothing of it. I just picked them up with a tissue and threw them away. And that faint sound I heard or thought I heard behind me as I drove a few days before that smell? I thought it was my umbrella which had been shuffled when I hit a bump on the road.

I finally brought it in to a mechanic I have known for decades on West 46th Street and he got in and right away said: 

“There is a dead animal in here and I will find it.” 


He pulled apart the dash and found this big stinking dead rat behind the radio! I never got in that car again. 


End of rat story. I hope. 



  



No comments: